Clayborne Education stands with students, parents, schools, and communities in pursuit of a better future for all. Built on a passion for one-to-one engagement and personalized learning, our community of educators has nurtured academic excellence in the greater Charlottesville area and beyond for nearly a decade. From college and graduate school entrance exam preparation to subject tutoring and organizational coaching, our uniquely designed programs have yielded tremendous results for students from all walks of life. Clayborne deepened its reach and resources in October 2015 with the acquisition of Champion Tutoring, the oldest local tutoring company in Charlottesville. Under the banner of Clayborne, we continue the vision of both companies by designing all our programs around the uniqueness of the individual student.
The seeds of Clayborne came from our founder’s experience with classroom-based test prep and the power of one-to-one instruction and coaching. His dream is to marry these two elements to form a dynamic, nimble model; as Clayborne grows in breadth and depth of experience with each passing year, that dream becomes a richer reality.
We exist to help students, families, schools, and communities thrive. Here are some core commitments that we embrace as we pursue this mission:
- Relationships. We build rapport and trust with students, families, and other stakeholders in the community’s educational mission.
- Hospitality. We view our centers as safe havens where students can let their guards down; rest from their anxieties; and find confidence, refreshment, and encouragement.
- Generosity. We delight in returning a portion of the abundance with which we have been blessed by sharing our services.
- Fun. Whether it’s the games you find scattered around our centers, our corny senses of humor, our nerdy enthusiasm for tests and learning, or our energy and zest for our work, we share a sense of fun that lifts the spirits of our students.
- Holistic Approach. It’s been said that “tests are standardized, but students are not.” Understanding the power of individualized instruction means offering wisdom, not just knowledge; addressing anxiety, not just aptitude; and producing confidence, not just competence. As a result, our students leave us with renewed motivation and hope.
- Integrity. We seek to extend the same level of service to every client regardless of socioeconomic status. Rather than pushing unnecessary services, we seek to provide those services that are truly needed.
- Professionalism and Excellence. We employ best practices, communicate promptly and effectively with clients, and pursue optimal outcomes for every student entrusted to us.
We envision a future in which students flourish more completely because we honor their history, individuality, and community. In the same vein, we envision a more robust suite of scholarship offerings, so that no student is denied expert college or graduate school prep. Finally, we seek not only to grow into new geographic areas, but also to cultivate more fruitful partnerships with schools and nonprofits.
In short, we see a world in which our mission is fully realized: For parents, peace of mind. For students, a better future.